See shipment status.
With e-Tracking you can check the current air transport status of your cargo and set alerts to track your shipments. We make proximity and transparency two of our top priorities.
TAP Air Cargo e-Booking enables you to make online air cargo reservations easily, quickly and securely, every day and at anytime. Your reservation is registered in our system and, if necessary, our team will contact you.
Why choose TAP Air Cargo for the transport of dangerous goods by air?
How do we define dangerous goods for the purpose of air cargo?
Dangerous goods are items that may endanger the health and safety of passengers and/or crew, or which may damage the aircraft. These restricted goods are regulated by IATA.
What materials are covered by the transport of dangerous goods by air classification?
- Flammable liquids and solids;
- Corrosive substances;
- Oxidising substances and organic peroxides;
- Toxic and infectious substances;
- Radioactive material;
- Magnetised materials and miscellaneous dangerous goods.
With some exceptions, goods classified as dangerous must not be carried by passengers or crew in their checked-in or carry-on luggage. The transport of dangerous cargo by air is subject to national and international legislation. It is essential to consider the potential adverse effects of variations in temperature, pressure and humidity, as well as the risk of damage due to vibrations or improper handling.
How does TAP Air Cargo process the transport of dangerous goods by air?
TAP Air Cargo’s teams of specialists ensure complete safety in the acceptance, loading and transport of your goods during all phases of the process. Therefore, with our transport of dangerous goods by air service:
- All documentation is checked to ensure compliance with IATA regulations, boxes are physically examined and the correct labels are affixed and validated in accordance with the manifest;
- Dangerous goods are stored separately from incompatible substances, following the highest safety standards;
- The flight crew is always made aware of the type of dangerous goods being transported and their exact location in the aircraft hold.
Additional information about the transport of dangerous goods by airTransport of lithium metal and lithium ion batteries (2019 regulations)
Lithium ion batteries
Lithium metal batteries
TAP Dangerous additional options
Additionally, you can request our special services, TAP Express — which ensures airport to airport shipments in a short period of time — and TAP Door to Door — which guarantees the delivery of your cargo in hand, if preferred.
Contact us to request more information about TAP Dangerous.